All Saints Moreleigh is a small church, described by visitors as having a quiet peaceful, prayerful atmosphere.
The church was built in 1239, as a penance, by the landowner at Woodleigh, who had killed the parish priest. This gentleman is now buried half in and half out of the church in the south transept. This is the reason for the church not being in the actual village of Moreleigh, as it was built in his farm yards away from the village.
The bells are unusual, as they were cast in Exeter. There are only three, but it is thought that once there were six.
The churchyard with some interesting tomb stones is mowed regularly, but maintained by parishioners. Volunteers also provide and arrange church flowers and keep the building clean.
We are welcoming and caring congregation, who are always willing to travel, as part of the wider Mission Community, to participate in services and events outside the parish.
Churchwarden: Rosemarie Hannaford
Moreleigh Parish Safeguarding Representative:Helen Reeve Tel: 01548 821305 Email: email@example.com
Rector Revd David Sayle : 01548 821199 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All our churches can be found on the Church of England website: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/